Brioche is a tradition of the Vendee region. To celebrate Easter, every family used to make or order a brioche from the bakery. Every area and every country baker had a special recipe and a little secret that imparted a unique touch to the basic recipe of flour, eggs and butter flavored with orange flower water or eau-de-vie.
Our Recipe for the Brioche is cheap and super delicious, and you can enjoy it everyday on breakfast.
Ingredients for 10 people:
– 500 g of flour
– 200 g of butter
– 250 g of sugar
– 3 eggs
– 1 egg yolk
– 10 g of yeast
– 10 cl of milk
– 25 cl of warm water
How to do it?
Preparation time: 15 min – Cooking time: 30 min
- Pour the flour on the worktop.
- Dilute the yeast in 25 cl of warm water and pour this mixture into the fountain that I have dug in the middle of the flour.
- Add 3 whole eggs, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Knead everything to obtain a smooth paste and not too soft.
- Add the milk.
- Knead the butter separately, add a third of the dough and mix well to obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Add on two times the rest of the dough to the butter.
- Leave it for two hours, covered with a clean cloth in a hot enough place (25 °) so that it rises.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °.
- Butter a mold and garnish it with the dough.
- With the tip of a knife, draw diamonds on the top of the cake
- With a brush, apply a beaten egg yolk to brown it.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for a while before enjoying it!