Every coffee drinker will eventually spill a drop or two or an entire mug of coffee. When you do, though, you don’t have to be afraid. There are ways to remove coffee stains from almost any surface. Just keep reading to know exactly how to do it.
Coffee stains leave a brown, and sometimes sticky. It’s best to tend to coffee stains immediately but that’s not always possible. Old, dried coffee stains can permanently alter the appearance of your clothes.
Removing dried coffee stains from clothing is simple, using supplies found in your home. Natural cleaning methods are effective and save you the money you’d spend on commercial stain removal products.
How to do it?
- Wet the stain with cold water.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of baking soda directly onto the stain.
- Scrub the fabric for a few minutes so that the baking soda penetrates the fiber.
- Leave on for at least 1 hour. The longer, the better.
- Put your clothes in the washing machine as usual.
If you can act right away, you should know that the best solution for removing a coffee stain is to wash it immediately with cold water.
Above all, do not use hot water, and avoid ironing the stain and letting it become encrusted.